Saturday, December 10, 2011














This is one that got away. I had fully intended to hand quilt it and try yet again to make something perfect. However, that didn't happen as usual. A friend of mine had a heart attack and I needed something nice and quick that I thought she would like...it is a panel. I had already put adhesive batting in it and that pretty much eliminated machine quilting. I was afraid something would slip and would not have used that except for hand quilting. So, I simply turned it all inside out and sewed it up like a pillowcase. I was amazed how good it actually came out as far as straight seams on the narrow border and I liked the weight of it. I like to use buttons sometimes and I think they worked very well here. I put a wooden rod across the top with a ribbon for a hanger. It turned out good and I would have taken a better pix but she already had it for a while. I am glad I have another panel for myself.

As always, I have been busy making covered Christmas boxes but finally realized I have more boxes than presents so have suspended the activity there and cleaned up all my excess projects. Everything will go back on the shelves except for the 5 or 6 quilts that are half finished. I will not start anything new until I have finished at least a couple of them, mostly the ones with hand quilting. My problem is, where is the line that tells me where there starting point was. Gathering, cutting, planning? I have one that I started last century...for the Bicentennial. Really my 1st big project but 2" squares and too many corners don't match up like I finally can do. I need to decide whether to finish it as is or take it all apart and start over? Anyway, Merry Christmas!

No comments: