Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas offerings



Here are some of my gift boxes to satisfy my obsession. While I was unpacking my Christmas ornaments (which turn out not to be where I thought) I came upon a whole new box of old boxes that I have been gathering to decorate. A pleasant surprise but the rest of my 100 year old ornaments must be in the cold warehouse. Wish me luck because I will soon be climbing a ladder to rescue them. I have 3 new girls in my life and they appreciate my efforts or, at least, do a good job pretending to. I kept the red roses in part because the box is a little too worn for a gift and I don't have real roses since I moved. The black boxes are all from the 1930s & 40s and used to house electric barber clippers. The heart decorations are probably the only 3 I will make as they are not as much fun as I thought. The snowmen are actual jewelry from the 1950s. I see the bottom one is trying to escape but is securely attached. They are much heavier than new jewelry and I can just see the earholes being dragged down by their weight. The larger pin doesn't match completely so is not a true set. They all detach so can be used if needed.
I finished the Sunbonnet alphabet quilt a long time ago and the embroidered snowmen and gave those to my grandkids. They probably would rather have had cash but sorry...not this year. If you are reading this, today is New Years Eve and I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!

No comments: