Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Halloween Witches

Witches Scamper in the Leaves! Really cute panel that I failed to buy the companion for when I had the chance and couldn't get any when I actually started putting it together. As usual, I had plans to do a lot more work on it. Since is is a panel, I had already saved a lot of time so I was going to try to do some free motion quilting on the open spaces in the center. Plus it needed to be a little bigger. But, as you see, that didn't happen. I ended up tying discreetly with matching thread and amongst the leaves, bats and black figures. Sometimes it gets down to just using a piece that is just the right size for the backing. I pulled the edges around to the front and it worked out perfect. It actually turned out good except for my guilt of not doing more. I keep hearing "finished" is the key word and since I will have to move again, it makes more sense to try to pack up things with no pins sticking out. Also, it's good to work on something easy and successful without a lot of drama.

No comments: